Jesus doesn’t just love, He knows.
Jesus LOVES me this I know.
Even people who have little spiritual interest know this popular song written in 1860.
Like you, I cherish the thought that Jesus loves me.
We cannot be separated from that love (Romans 8:38-39). He will come crashing through the clouds on our behalf (Isaiah 41:9-10). He wants the best for us (Psalm 84:11).
But perhaps more meaningful to me is how the sign above my desk rearranges the famous words:
Jesus KNOWS me, this I love.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be as night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. (Psalm 139:11,12)
He knows our circumstances.
You and I stumble through dark rooms at night after the lights are turned off. We run into furniture as we stray off course and stub our toes on items left forgotten on the floor.
But not God.
He walks through the dark rooms of our circumstances as if the lights are on full blast. The darkness we face is as bright as the day to Him.
Life has been extremely confusing to me lately. It feels like everywhere I turn matters are complicated, twisted, confusing and overwhelming.
I am so thankful I don’t have to sort it out. What looks daunting, murky and indiscernible to me is crystal clear to God.
God knows our hearts.
For the Lords sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. (I Samuel 16:7)
- While we guess the motives of another persons’ heart, God knows.
- While we guess the root cause of another person’s behavior, God knows.
- While others guess the motives of our hearts, God knows.
- While others guess the root cause of our behaviors, God knows.
With Him, we are understood with 100% perfection.
…for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought (I Chronicles 28:9)
…you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God! (Psalm 7:9)
The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts (Proverbs 20:27)
- He knows how hard we are trying.
- He knows every prayer we have uttered.
- He knows every attempt we have made to walk closely with Him.
- He knows every sin we have confessed.
- He knows exactly how much we love each person in our lives.
- He knows the exact weight we carry on our shoulders.
- He knows every wound.
- He knows every thought.
- He knows every reason for every one of our emotional reactions (even when we don’t).
- He knows the source of every tear.
To all who feel lonely, confused, baffled, hurt, wounded, tired…be encouraged today.
Jesus loves you…
and Jesus knows you.
© 2015 by Oaks Ministries. All rights reserved